The WA8 Eclipse is the world's first battery-operated vacuum tube headphone amplifier with DAC. Featuring a SET Class-A transformer output for clean & accurate sound quality, plus a built-in 24bit / 384kHz DAC, & easy to move around & setup. It is capable of driving high-end headphones of 8–600 ohm impedance, while its ultra-low noise circuitry is ideal for IEM's.
The WA8 boasts a robust military-grade vacuum tube design rated for 5,000 hours of life. Versatile in analog & digital realms, it offers 2 or 3 tube operations to tailor the sound quality to a variety of headphones & IEM's. The Class-A, Single-ended Triode topology uses ultra-efficient OCC single crystal copper output transformers offering high bandwidth & low loss. It also uses an audiophile-grade ESS SABRE Reference 24bit / 384kHz DAC, compatible with Apple iOS & Android devices. It does an excellent job with hi-res music files too.
The WA8 operates via external DC power or with "off-the-grid" battery operation. Advanced technology provides steady & perfect power to the vacuum tubes & DAC. It offers several hours of play, plus the unit can operate during charging. For the first time, high-fidelity & meticulous sound can be achieved without the boundaries of a single place. It is the ideal audio system for the home, in the office, or in hotels around the world.
* Tubes: Subminiature 6S31B power x2, 6021 driver x1
* User selectable two or three tubes operation
* Single-ended, all-tube design (not hybrid), Class A
* Custom Ni Alloy core output transformers
* ESS SABRE Reference DAC (ES9018M)
* Hi-Res music playback up to 24-bit/384kHz
* XMOS xCORE-AUDIO asynchronous clocking USB compatible with PC, Mac, Android, and iOS devices (with Apple CCK or Android OTG adapter), how-to video LEARN MORE
* Asynchronous USB Type-B Input x 1, 1/8" (3.5mm) analog Input x 1
* 1/4” (6.3mm) and 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone outputs (8–600 Ohms)
* Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
* Up to 4 hrs. of continuous music playback