2-CHANNEL TUBE HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER / PREAMPLIFIER
In 2009, we introduced 2 world-class fully balanced headphone amplifiers, the WES electrostatic amp & the WA22 dynamic amp. Both of them are the favored choice among the most discriminating audiophiles. Here at Woo Audio, we constantly push the performance boundaries. The newly developed WA33 is a state-of-the-art, fully balanced headphone amplifier that raises the bar in setting a new reference in music reproduction.
The WA33 employs a true, fully balanced amplifier design in a compact form factor. It features 4 of the 6C45 tubes for the drive that pushes 4 of the 2A3 tubes for the power and all in direct-heated triodes. The WA33 delivers high power to drive demanding headphones to their full potential while maintaining a low noise floor for use with highly sensitive models. It shares the same striking appearance as the critically acclaimed WES, where both amplifier sections are independent of the power supply. This approach eliminates any noise interference to critical audio components. Additionally, our internal coupling architecture (ICA) technology allows it to merge with the power supply unit without an external umbilical cord. The ICA shortens the signal path and thus significantly reduces unwanted electrical interference & raises sound performance to a level beyond what anyone has previously experienced in a headphone system.
The amplifier reveals the most intricate detail with the highest level of refinement. Complex music passages are handled with ease & authority. The expansive sound stage, holographic imaging, & rich tones that are pristine, natural, & vivid create a sense of realism that gives the user a euphoric listening experience. With the WA33, music comes to life.
* Fully balanced design
* Tubes: Four x 6C45 driver, Four x 2A3 power, One x 5U4G rectifier
* Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) tube sockets
* Push Pull, Class-A
* Transformer-coupled, Point-to-Point wiring
* Internal Coupling Architecture (ICA)
* Inputs: Two x XLR (Balanced), One x RCA (Unbalanced)
* Outputs: One Pair XLR for Preamp, 4-pin XLR (Balanced), L&R XLR (Balanced), & 1 x 1/4" (6.3mm) for Headphone
* User selectable output: pre-amp or headphone
* User selectable HI/LO impedance and HI/LO level for headphone
* Headphones impedance: 8—600 Ohms
* Frequency response: 10Hz— 60kHz, -2dB
* Power output: up to 10 watts per channel
* Signal/Noise: > 95 dB, THD: < 0.05%, 1kHz
* Anodized aluminum chassis, available in black or silver
* Self-biasing with compatible tubes